The IEF works from the ground up, our vision is to create a sustainable food supply and self-sufficiency. To achieve this the IEF supports and is supported by other international organisations including: the United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization, leading global charities, universities from around the world and the International Egg Commission (IEC). We work alongside these organisations and foundations providing financial support, technical expertise and facilitating the sharing of knowledge.
The IEF is committed to:
- Providing technical expertise to assist in the development of egg production in regions where populations have no or insufficient access to high-quality protein.
- Building egg farms to provide high-quality protein for vulnerable children, their carers and the local population. Children and communities also benefit from long term vocation training and educational opportunities to provide true sustainability in the long term.
- Establishing regional and country level associations and organisations that will act as a central point, distributing technical assistance, providing information and acting as a central access point for micro-credit financing schemes.
- Organising and co-ordinating seminars and technical meetings to bring together and energise decision makers within the food chain to increase the availability and affordability of high-quality protein.
- Partnering with existing development projects and agencies to help boost human immune systems and improve the standard of human nutrition through better access to high-quality protein.
- Working with international and local NGOs, agencies and charities to develop tools and best practice guidelines to improve access to information and education.